Mbuna vs Peacocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeFeKt

Aquarium Advice Addict
Do people mix mbuna and peacocks? I imagine general caution would be a must, or is this really a big no-no?
If so/If not, why?

cheers,

Matt

i have cobalts and labs in with my peacocks and they do fine. i have never seen any agression between them except when they cross territory but thats normal. i may be an exception but all seems to be going well for over 7 months now.

I have a mix of Mbuna and peacocks also. They get along great with each other. We will be removing all of the peacocks except for the breeding pair and setting our sights more onto a Mbuna only tank.

I've kept P. aceii and peacocks together without trouble, but I'd only try it with the few relatively peaceful mbuna species available.

i figured as much, same habitat, similar diet, so I thought it try it out
downsized some other colonies and picked up a small colony of aulunocara stuartgranti 'chipoka' that i'm very happy with. Small issue in peckin order between the latifasciata male and the chipoka male, but all settled quickly.
Other then that no dramas.
Not very fussy are they.

i keep labs and peacocks and my males all hang out with eachother same with the females no agression between the two .

I keep both as well. I keep the tank relatively crowded, and it reduces the agression levels quite a bit. I've never had fighting problems between the Mbuna and Peacocks in my tanks, which is more than I can say for intraspecific competition!

I keep the tank relatively crowded,

Quite possibly not as crowded as I :p
Now a couple of weeks later and they have settled in completely and co-existing great with the other colonies.

Back
Top Bottom