Mean Convict

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wiseguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone I am new to the forum and have a question about my black convict I have recently purchased. I have done my research and have concluded he is a male. He's about 1.5" to 2". I have him with another convict (that I have sexed as a female) also about the same size, a little smaller. The problem is that the male keeps harassing the female. Now I just introduced them to their new aquarium two days ago. Is he just asserting his dominance or is he trying to hurt the other convict?

What size tank do you have. It could be he is just showing who is boss but you could perhaps rearrange decorations and give a seperation area. Keep an eye on it though because if she doesn't want to pair off he could harass her to death.

Give it some more time. You should see an improvement in a few days. Are there any other tank mates?

Same here i have a 55g tank... And my JD (male) is chasing the 2 other females around the tank. What should i do?

Back
Top Bottom