Missing fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Km84

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a ciclids which I haven't identified yet. I took him cause he was in the tank with the lab I wanted and they were glued at the hip. I couldn't separate them! Anyway he must have been in some rights cause he has scarring on his side and is missing that fin. The guy at the store said it would grow back because of how much was still there. Does anyone know how long that will take? He swims just fine and is very happy to still be with is friend! Lol I will try to post a pic later.

If the fin can grow back still it will take a while, but good news is you can speed this up with malflax it premots fin growth. As with any chemical read the directions carfuly and be sure you understand them.

I have never heard of that is it a supplement only he takes or something added to the tank in general? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

No its not a dumb question. Malflex is a liqued medication product it comes in a small blue bottle at your local pet store, I belive it is for things like fin rot but it dose premote regenoration of fins too.

Melafix® - API

Don't worry about using this yet, just concentrate on keeping the water condititions pristine with frequent or daily 25% water changes and let mother take care of the rest. Water conditions will generally take care of the majority of issues we as keepers of fish will enounter.

Thanks both suggestions are very helpful. He has no problem moving around so for now I will increase my water changes. The fin is completely healed over and was when I got him. So I don't think I need to worry about infections.

Back
Top Bottom