Missing lab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

a.tetreault

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, about a week or two ago i noticed i was missing one of my yellow labs, he was one of my larger ones, about 3-4 inches. I waited a few days before searching for him, thinking he may have just found an odd hiding spot. i took all of my decor out and searched every piece.. I found no fish, not even a trace of him. My main question is, is it possible for a large fish to be eaten within a day or so? leaving NO remains at all?

he had always been sensitive and very easily stressed, and was picked on quite often but not enough for me to consider taking him out of the main tank. if it was a fish that killed him im sure i would have seen some signs of fin nipping or stress marks. but if he died on his own is it possible for him to be eaten completely in one or two days?

a.tetreault said:
So, about a week or two ago i noticed i was missing one of my yellow labs, he was one of my larger ones, about 3-4 inches. I waited a few days before searching for him, thinking he may have just found an odd hiding spot. i took all of my decor out and searched every piece.. I found no fish, not even a trace of him. My main question is, is it possible for a large fish to be eaten within a day or so? leaving NO remains at all?

he had always been sensitive and very easily stressed, and was picked on quite often but not enough for me to consider taking him out of the main tank. if it was a fish that killed him im sure i would have seen some signs of fin nipping or stress marks. but if he died on his own is it possible for him to be eaten completely in one or two days?

Umm ya, dead fish won't last long before there is nothing left. But normally you can find bones, head or something.

Back
Top Bottom