Missing Monster?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I've searched for 2 hours!! All over the floor, around the tank, across the room, under the couches etc.. Can't find the 5" yellow jake!!!!

Parameters are all on the money and I fed twice today to see if he would surface. Nothing, he was a no show.

View attachment 88405

Here's the tank set up. Not much room for this big guy to get out. Canopy on top plus solar extreme 4 bulb fixture on top.

View attachment 88408

View attachment 88409

View attachment 88410

View attachment 88411

Still searching around the living room.

Last edited:
Waiting is the only thing you can do. There is a ton of threads on fish randomly re-appearing and it seems like you have a good amount of decor in there. Any fish in there with a big mouth? for eating that is.

Never hidden from me before. Biggest fish in the tank, not as aggressive as the others but was always left alone. I just searched the entire living room again with a flashlight. Checked baseboards, under the tank, top of tank, even searched the tank with the flashlight. Nothing! Guess I'll just have to wait it out.

I'll check water parameters everyday 2x's a day. A fish that big should change the conditions of my water rather quickly right?

Poor guy. Hope he's just hiding.

View attachment 88421

View attachment 88422

Last edited:
Dang he's a really cool fish too. I hope you find him as well, I would like to assume he is just hiding somewhere too.

Might be time to pull everything out and do some reorganizing. Surely he'll turn up!

i hope you find him
hes a very cool looking fish

Mcass said:
Might be time to pull everything out and do some reorganizing. Surely he'll turn up!

Uhh..last time he did this his fish got culomnaris (sp?) and many died..:( i hope you dont have to do it again!

He will turn up man! I can feel it! I dont think the parimeters will change much even if he is dead.

Good luck

Gboy66 said:
Uhh..last time he did this his fish got culomnaris (sp?) and many died..:( i hope you dont have to do it again!

He will turn up man! I can feel it! I dont think the parimeters will change much even if he is dead.

Good luck

Man I am NOT doing that again! He's 100% correct last MAJOR breakdown for whatever reason had a bad bad outbreak of columnaris and lost 15 fish :(

I do not wanna go through that again! One fish is bad enough of that is the case. Hopefully he just found a nice little cave and is just relaxing a little. I'm trying now to see of I can see him under the moonlights.

Fed today and nothing :(

Moved some stones around and driftwood and nothing :(

This stinks! He was my favorite. And the biggest in the tank. Hopefully he's just hiding.

ejaramillo01 said:
Found him??

Nothing yet... I just can't figure it out. He was at least 5" where the... Could he have gone?! No body parts anywhere And I moved some stuff around and nothing. Even scoped the tank out at night with a red bulb and nothing. He was always out swimming around. That's one fish you notice when he's not around.

Maybe you should check other rooms? It's amazing how far a fish can jump and then flop around. I had a two inch spiketail gourami that made it almost to my front door, which was a good ten feet or more.

Biosfear said:
i haven't seen my peacock eel for about a month now...

Lol dont worry about him, those guys are experts at hiding. Could have jumped though..

Dde ya, a 5" fish could have flopped pretty dang far

Convict2161 said:
Never hidden from me before. Biggest fish in the tank, not as aggressive as the others but was always left alone. I just searched the entire living room again with a flashlight. Checked baseboards, under the tank, top of tank, even searched the tank with the flashlight. Nothing! Guess I'll just have to wait it out.

I'll check water parameters everyday 2x's a day. A fish that big should change the conditions of my water rather quickly right?

Poor guy. Hope he's just hiding.

Not to be macabre, but do you have any cats? If he jumped ship he may have been discovered.

Back
Top Bottom