Mixed Malawi Stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian14

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have a 120 gallon stocked full of juveniles: 8 yellow labs 6 red zebra 5 mbamba 5 acei 1 taiwan reef
I was wondering if some haps or peacocks would work in this tank because I would love to put some in. Maybe get them slightly larger than the mbuna like I did with the taiwan reef. Could I get 1 or 2 males from some different hap or peacock species or something. Not sure how this works but it would be cool if I could make it a mixed tank

I'm pretty sure that peacocks get pretty big but could be wrong as long as none of the fish can fit in each others mouth I thing it would be fine. with water parameters if they do like a lower ph than Malawi cichlids I would suggest to drip acclimate them to get them more adjusted to the parameters of the tank.
maybe some one else could chime in and get into a little more detail.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

You could but make sure they are larger than your mbunas. Peacocks are less aggressive. Mbunas have little man syndrome.

The Taiwan reef is a hap, and it can work. You can get some species but like I've said before don't get multiple males of one species

The Taiwan reef is a hap, and it can work. You can get some species but like I've said before don't get multiple males of one species

Should I only stick with haps? I was thinking about choosing like 4-6 different haps or peacocks and just get one male of each

Back
Top Bottom