Mixing Tangs and Malawis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LilBangarang

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey. I have some yellow labs that are about 2 inches now. They are generally pretty peaceful and I was wondering if I could introduce a Calvus Cichlid to the tank. It should be about 1.5 inches when I get it.

I don't know though anything else in tank? Mine acted nice till I added a fish but I added more fish to make much better . Mixing lakes sometimes is usually a hit or miss. I wouldn't suggest it though.

I would not recommend mixing tang's and malawi's. The lakes are somewhat different and the fish can have different requirements. Also most malawi cichlids are more aggressive than most tang's. This is not the case with all the fish mind you. I have both labs and calvus, in different tanks, and they are both a fairly peaceful species. However they can both become aggressive with breeding age.

What size is the tank and what are the other fish?

Malawi Freak said:
You need to stick to one lake. Let alone one continent.

+1 I agree because of a lot of reason like aggression. Once you go with African cichlids I would just keep African cichlid and pleco or whatever IMO.

Back
Top Bottom