More aggressive - johanni or mangaino?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigMac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Which is more aggressive? Or are the equally? Also, can I keep both johanni and mangaino in the same tank?

Johanni's are generally more aggressive than maingano's.

Keeping both species in the same tank might be inviting hybridization between the two.

kay-bee19 said:
Johanni's are generally more aggressive than maingano's.

Keeping both species in the same tank might be inviting hybridization between the two.

The johannis would kill the maingano imo. I wouldn't keep them together. Also bc of hybridization.

Thanks. Guy told me he had johanni babies and I could get six for one dollar! When I got there they were blue and black so I knew they weren't johanni but maingano.

I already had a johanni, but I was on the fence if I should rehome him because he terrorizes all other fish, bad. So, I took the 6 maingano and took my johanni back to my LFS.

CraigMac said:
Thanks. Guy told me he had johanni babies and I could get six for one dollar! When I got there they were blue and black so I knew they weren't johanni but maingano.

I already had a johanni, but I was on the fence if I should rehome him because he terrorizes all other fish, bad. So, I took the 6 maingano and took my johanni back to my LFS.

A trade name for maingano is electric blue johanni. Its confusing.

Cornstar said:
I am currently looking for mainganos! Where is your friend located? They sell them here for $11 a piece :(

I wouldn't trust petco for something like maingano unless they are under an inch.

The guy selling them is near Lancaster pa. His 200+ gallon tank leaked so he had t move all his fish into another tank and is trying to rehome all of his smallest fish.

I know. I make sure they're not orange at all.

Do you think your friend will be willing to ship to NYC? It shouldn't take too long to deliver :eek:

I'll ask him. He's not a friend, just someone I found on Craigslist but I'll ask if he would ship.

He had a ton of holey rock in his big tank that leaked but I couldn't convince him to get rid of any of that :(

If he was near me I would offer to buy them and ship but I live an hour from there, I was just there for 2 days for work.

Back
Top Bottom