Motherly Instinct!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool! My africans will do that sometimes too! She floats right above the fry, leads them around the tank sometimes, and she even spit out food for them to eat! It was really cool!

Cool! My africans will do that sometimes too! She floats right above the fry, leads them around the tank sometimes, and she even spit out food for them to eat! It was really cool!

Females and fry are so cool IMO. You can see the fry eating the vinegar eels in person when I feed them, which is also cool.

Cool video thanks for sharing. I think it is so funny when mothers go pick up with the wanderer and spit them back into the group. Reminds me of a parent grabbing their kid that is wandering from the playground.

Cool video thanks for sharing. I think it is so funny when mothers go pick up with the wanderer and spit them back into the group. Reminds me of a parent grabbing their kid that is wandering from the playground.
lol yea I know! When my panduro spawned and my female jumped a little while later, my male actually stepped up and protected them. But that's about all he just floated above them and let them go where ever. I wish I got a video to compare the to lol

Yeah, its so cool seeing the mothers protect their fry! My red zebra was so protective for awhile that whenever I came into the room, she'd pick all the fry back up in her mouth! its one of theose moments where you are proud of the hobby lol

Yeah, its so cool seeing the mothers protect their fry! My red zebra was so protective for awhile that whenever I came into the room, she'd pick all the fry back up in her mouth! its one of theose moments where you are proud of the hobby lol

Mouthbrooder a are cool like that. Apistos will grab all the fry they can two or three at a time and swim them back to their cave and spit them in there, and then repeat to get them all. Lol

Back
Top Bottom