moving to build a 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishkeeper88

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hello everybody i have not been on in a while i wanted to start a new and less aggressive way of speeking in the forum. since i was a child i have been up to my knees, chest and always up to my elbows in water..... so finally my dream is coming true, i am moving just to get bigger fish tanks in a few months... id like everyone to pitch in and help design this aquarium... i am thinking large fish like oscars, synodons and plecos... but heres the thing i have never gone this big and only recently started using canister filters... i know i need ground floor and hefty support structure for this aquarium... lets start there and go deep into this build.. or up to our elbows haha

I am thinking of running two canisters not sure what type.... pool filter sand as substraite large driftwood probably one or two large peices.... some large sword plants i have growing they are two feet tall.... a large heater... plant lights.... maybe anubius on the driftwood...

Black diamond blasting sand looks really good and u can get 50lb bags at tractor supply for 8 bucks just b sure u rinse really well

I would put the tank along side a load bearing wall and maybe even go under the house and place a cpl extra supports under the floor I have a 150g in my house up against a load bearing wall and its fine I didn't need to sure up the floor at all but its a brand new house so take into consideration the age of ur house

Back
Top Bottom