My 125 build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allenbic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just starting my 125 build first time with cichlids here's my journey. Image1481335190.743756.jpg

Me too very excited to get it started. One more week and I can start cycling the tank.

Why can't you start cycling now, out of curiosity?

I love my 125 gallon... I'm still trying to get it looking the way I want it but that's mostly because I decided to make it planted too and of course it was the first attempt at planted aquariums... never goes flawlessly the first time, lol.

We are leaving tomorrow for Florida for a week. No one will be able to keep eye on it while I'm not home.

I am too but my wife said I have to wait till we get home. We land home next Sunday it will be up and running Sunday evening.

IMG_1369.JPG added water and some Decor now 1 week into the cycle and put some feeder fish in.

Very nice. Love the driftwood on the right. Id make sure there is plenty of room between the glass and the decor for your hand. Helps down the road with maintenance. What kinds of cichlids you planning for?

Still trying to decide weather I want Tanganyika or Malawai thanks for advise to move out from glass.

I'm up for suggestions on fish types cichlids are all new to me. My ph is about 8. Trying to maintain the water temp better.

I've never kept Tanganyikans, but I've wanted to. What kind of "personality" do you want? Fast fish, slow fish, big, little, a lot, a few?

Would like to eventually have a lot of fish. some fast and some moderate paced ones would be nice. Not sure on personality.

With a tank that size, there are a lot of choices. I really love haps and peacocks. Lots of colors and lots of sizes. I've also always wanted a pair of red terrors. I think those fish are beautiful. You could put a ton of mbuna in there, but mbuna are always just a little crazy for my tastes.

Cool thanks I'll look more into them. I'm trying to get decor that they could hide in. I still need more. But I figure I still have at least 3-4 weeks before I can put them them in there.

I'm not sure if I could put an eel with cichlids but I always loved eels I was going to do more research on that.

Look on Facebook for Cichlid and aquarium groups in your area. People are selling tons of things in my area right now to pay for Christmas expenses.

Back
Top Bottom