My Cichlids + a Pictus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarist1234

Aquarium Advice Activist
My friends have a Pictus Catfish with their tetras and it's eating them. They want to relocate it, would it be ok with

A Demasoni
A Moori
A Peacock

How big is your tank and how big is the pictus?

I've ears of pictus doing fine with cichlids but have never tried it myself. I say if you have no other options go for it!!

I have 3 of my own and love them!

Pictus are typically kept in groups and need a large amount of space to cruise the tank. You may find aggressive behavior in a pictus kept without buddies.

How big is your tank and how big is the pictus?

I've ears of pictus doing fine with cichlids but have never tried it myself. I say if you have no other options go for it!!

I have 3 of my own and love them!

My tank is a 37 gal, I will see how he does thanks:)

Aquarist1234 said:
My tank is a 37 gal, I will see how he does thanks:)

I have 4 pictus in my 75 sa/ca tank and they do fine with the cichlids. I love to watch them at feeding time cause they go nuts as soon as I open the canopy. No aggression on either side so far. The cats were in the tank before any cichlids were added.

Aquarist1234 said:
My friends have a Pictus Catfish with their tetras and it's eating them. They want to relocate it, would it be ok with

A Demasoni
A Moori
A Peacock

Don't you have problems with your fish dying at the present time.If so I would advise against adding any fish to your tank until you solve your current problem.

garfy said:
Don't you have problems with your fish dying at the present time.If so I would advise against adding any fish to your tank until you solve your current problem.

I am in the process of taking care of that, I am waiting to add it for a week after my fish get better. Thanks :)

Aquarist1234 said:
I am in the process of taking care of that, I am waiting to add it for a week after my fish get better. Thanks :)

I would wait at least a month to make sure everything is ok.

Malawi Freak said:
I would wait at least a month to make sure everything is ok.

Ok, I've never had to deal with a disease that killed before. Thanks for the advice:)

Back
Top Bottom