my convicts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haleybeth30

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does this pic confirm I have a male and female. They are 1 to 1.5 in. Is it possible they could breed right now?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130819_225716.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130819_225716.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 41
  • ForumRunner_20130819_225739.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130819_225739.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 41
Hard to tell if wait till the hit the 2.0 or 2.5 inch mark but I think it is male and female and once the get in the 2.5 plus area they start breeding but they may start much smaller

thanks for your reply, she's got this pastel orange on her belly. They've had the strangest relationship.. got along at first, chasing off the JD as a team. Then one day one con was kicked out of their "home" all beat up no tail. Now they're swimming together again, defending as a team again... I got them at same lfs, same time, probably same fry.. Could this be a problem if they do mate up? I plan on putting just them in a 29g soon, if they don't pair up will one kill the other?

Not to sure bout inbreeding fish but do know its not the best but prob will be fine that reddish belly is a good sign and that relationship sound like paired up convicts I had mine in a 26 now front just have plants and caves

They are in a 55 now with all juvies: jack dempsey, 1 in. firemouth and 1.5-2 in. jewel. I saw the male digging in a corner today, like using bottom fins to do so.. then, both of them facing off with the jd to keep him away.. worries me for my other fish and the 29 for cons is not cycled yet.. since they are so small I hope they are just practicing...

Back
Top Bottom