My first Oscar tank! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
For my 75 gallon tank I finally got my 1st oscar. The tank has been cycling the last 2 months. Im so obsessed with him already. Hes only about 3 inches. I have a few questions: if the tank gets too cold with it stunt his growth? Or make him non active? And when I first put him in his tank he just sat at the bottom, is that normal?

Thanks

Brian

For my 75 gallon tank I finally got my 1st oscar. The tank has been cycling the last 2 months. Im so obsessed with him already. Hes only about 3 inches. I have a few questions: if the tank gets too cold with it stunt his growth? Or make him non active? And when I first put him in his tank he just sat at the bottom, is that normal?

Thanks

Brian

The temperature of the tank shouldn't fluctuate. It should be constantly stable, only raising and lowering by your hand - when neccessary. If the tank gets too cold he will most likely lay on the bottom - since his metabolism slowed down.
As far as when you put him in - did you acclimate him? How did you acclimate him? What are your water parameters?

Oscars are big babys. They will lay on the bottom if they are unhappy or if its a new tank.

Congrats good luck. What temp is it at and what watts is your heater

79 sounds good, as long as no big/quick fluctuations you're good =) yes, he will sulk a while, O's don't deal with change well =) mine didn't like the light on his tank, would sit on the bottom if I turned it on, come out if I turned it off.. After a month of that he finally got used to it lol

I think a few degrees either way is not going to hurt, it's extreme temp changes that can cause problems

His tank just to himself! Somewhat spoiled? Lol

Attachments

• 20130819_094720.jpg
    20130819_094720.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 100
Lol I spent 35 $ on all those plants. There staying in the tank weather he likes it or not lol XD

Haha cant wait till he gets bigger, probably wont be that long though lol

Nope took mine 8ish months to go from 2" to 9"+

img_2618056_0_cfcd45c86564a5ab62be215d694060c2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom