My First Peacock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SonicsDC25

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well this is my first peacock, he's a Ruby Red and found him at the LFS with some sick tank mates. Long story short, he's now home with me and have been in a quarantine tank for 3 days now . I've added Paraguard just incase he caught something and wanted to nip it in the butt beforehand. He's only 1.5 inches or so (3.8cm), but hopefully he'll be healthy and I'll get to see him at his full adult size/colors :).

jb8r.jpg

01s8j.jpg

12j3.jpg

Wow that is an awesome looking fish! I wish my lfs had some nice ones like that. All they have is mixed Mbuna :-/

That is beautiful, saw a few at Walmart almost got one but decided not too

I have a German red that looks sweet, but not that red, I'm jealous. I've searched for years for a peacock THAT red.

Thanks everyone, though ashafer I wouldn't buy fish from Walmart, most likely a hybrid or poor quality fish since they're not really specialized in this department.

Jllarrea you should try online then, the selection and quality are usually better.

Some fish are hit and miss with their color, hopefully mine continues to build on and get deeper in its color (especially red).

I always check fish at walmart I've seen frontosas and all kinds of not common cichlids there

Must either be your or my area then since over here all they have are common freshwater fish and they're terrible looking.

Most of the time terrible looking yes but I have bought fish in the past the turned out to look great I used to have two beautiful white tail acei from walmart but other then the none typical I'd avoid their fish

I think it has a lot to do with diet and care. I've bought some fish that didn't look like much at first, and then turn out brilliantly. Like this one ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397672104.856664.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397672130.988620.jpg

Fish will always thrive and be at their best with high quality food and optimum water quality, but a lot of people prefer to buy from local fish stores since the chances of them having higher quality fish is greater. Though you may be able to find a gem in the pile of rocks, but I find it easier to find that gem when it's in a tank full of gems lol.

Back
Top Bottom