My Latest Rescue.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HUKIT

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I picked this fish after she was falsely advertised as another fish, but after clearing her of internal parasites and currently working on her slight case of HLLE here she is in the big tank already controlling the show. She's around 6-7 inches currently and making the moves on my male Herichthys turquoise sp, there may be some egg culling in the future!

Attachments

• DSC_0047.jpg
    DSC_0047.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC_0050.jpg
    DSC_0050.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC_0051.jpg
    DSC_0051.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_0052.jpg
    DSC_0052.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Maybe I should start water marking my pictures eh? She looks amazing when she lights up, the pictures don't do her justice when her mood changes, she's got much more red than my previous females. It's amazing after being in the tank for less that twelve hours she's already in charge and everyone and I mean everyone is getting out of her way!

Last edited:
Maybe I should start water marking my pictures eh? She looks amazing when she lights up, the pictures don't do her justice when her mood changes, she's got much more red than my previous females. It's amazing after being in the tank for less that twelve hours she's already in charge and everyone and I mean everyone is getting out of her way!

I'm assuming she was in qt for some time???

I'm assuming she was in qt for some time???

Yes around 3-4 weeks now, I needed the tank she was in for a breeding pair so i had no choice to stick her in the larger tank. I don't know how long I can keep her as with most females they're super nasty and this one is no different. She has already taken bites out of fish twice her size, if she doesn't calm down she's gone! I don't have the type of fish in this tank that can deal with the serial killer type of fish.

Yes around 3-4 weeks now, I needed the tank she was in for a breeding pair so i had no choice to stick her in the larger tank. I don't know how long I can keep her as with most females they're super nasty and this one is no different. She has already taken bites out of fish twice her size, if she doesn't calm down she's gone! I don't have the type of fish in this tank that can deal with the serial killer type of fish.

Seems like all you get is crazy girls!

I was going to say "Time to shopping for a used van"

Pictures look great Hukit. And you were just complaining she wasn't pretty enough!

Mogurako's wife said I can't park my van in front their house, so I have to sleep in the garage.

Back
Top Bottom