My little 2 inch Black Convict

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Has to be the baddest fish pound for pound out there. In the last couple weeks, he has killed both of my 4 and 5 inch plecos and taken over the tank from my 2 1/2 and 3 inch Dempseys. I'm not sure of the Dempseys sexes, as they are still juveniles. I'm inclined to think they are male though. About 2 weeks ago, the Convict and the biggest Dempsey had a show down that lasted about 5 minutes. The difference was that the Convict just kept coming back for more until the Dempsey just flat out gave up.

Anyways, this little convict, spends his day, chasing the Dempseys. He takes turns with them, so I don't worry about them being stressed out. This little guy is so smart too! I swear, he recognizes me when I come to the tank (I'm his primary food source, when he's not killing plecos). If anyone else approaches, he hides. I've never seen a fish with so much personality.

I need another housekeeper, so my son is going to give me another Pleco (about 7 inches), that he has had in his 100 gal with his very large Tiger Oscars and Dempseys.

God I love cichlids, the coolest fish out there IMHO.

well lets hope he doesnt kill your new pleco...lol, dempseys are awesome fish and seem to never bore people

Back
Top Bottom