My New discus tank - pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stuquarium

Aquarium Advice Activist
inspired by some coll aquascaping i went out and sepnt little under $75AU on rock, plants, and pebbles for my new discus tank. some of you might of seen the blank canvas i had to work with in aquascaping. if not here it is..

blank1.jpg

tank info...
filtration : 1x ehiem cannister (250L)
1x aqua one cannister (250L)

and now for the big reveal......... *drum roll*
pan-tank.jpg

da dah! what do you think? heres more pics tp help you decide
discus-nt-1.jpg

dscus-new-tank2.jpg

top1.jpg

left1.jpg

discus-nt-rnose-1.jpg

discus-nt3.jpg

[imghttp://www.stuartsmithmusic.com/fish/discus/doscus1.jpg[/img]

discus2.jpg

bn1.jpg

bn2.jpg

rnose2.jpg

thats it guys! sprry about the quality of the pics, i still have to learn how to get the best out of my camera.

good gravy.. this one's more picture happy then you JC!!! ROFL!
very nice pics..
what is that blue/green ball like thing sitting in the tank?

Stuquarium said:
that ball is an ammonia ball, helps keep any ammonia out of the tank

ammonia is consumed by the bacteria in your filtration system and by your plants.. I dont advise ammonia removing
media of any kind.. besides.. its not as pretty as the plants, rocks and fish! :p
I hope you have testkits to make sure your tank is cycled before removing it.. It could have effected your cycle..

lol true, thats why it's in there, it was in thier old tank and since the new one has cycled i had to add it, i'll remove it next time it cycles.

greenmaji said:
good gravy.. this one's more picture happy then you JC!!

I was looking for someone to take my place. :wink:

The re-size looks much better. I would suggest removing the ammo ball as well. It can have an adverse affect on your cycle as the bacteria needs it to strive.

The tank is beautiful!!!! But the crazy ball is kinda distracting. It's like there's this beautiful natural looking tank and someone accidently kerplunked a big blue ball in there.

lol! yeah i should of moved it for the photos, but since i took them i've taken the ball out.

next time i'll try and get some good ones of the discus
are there any more tank mates i could add?
heres the list of exsiting

5x discus
3 x bronze catfish (whoch i might move into another tank)
1x bn
5x rummy nose tetra.

i really like how the rummys compliment the colour of the tank, i;d like some more smaller ones like those that can handle the heat..

Get a full school of neon tetras about 15-20 :) then let the plants grow in and your gonna fall in love with the tank,

all ready have!

i've had neons in the tanks before, and they all got eaten, dare i risk it again ? although in the last tank there wasn;t many placesto hide...

Back
Top Bottom