My new fish! Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't wait for the Rusty's to get bigger. I've seen pictures and they look nice but i was at my LFS the other day and saw a larger Rusty and all I can say is WOW! They look amazing when they get larger.

I know, mine are still small too and it's just not the same. They're completely brown. They have funny personalites though so it's ok.

I can't wait for the Rusty's to get bigger. I've seen pictures and they look nice but i was at my LFS the other day and saw a larger Rusty and all I can say is WOW! They look amazing when they get larger.

I have ten rusty's and it's funny because they are the kings of each tank they're in, and anyone who says there not aggressive should come to my house to see my two bulls.

The Rusty's are by far the smallest in my tank yet they are always "flaring up", sticking their fins out and looking like "don't mess with me". They are so cool :D

My African Chiclid tank like yr rocks

Attachments

• image-1888186784.jpg
    image-1888186784.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 193
are those the actinic lights? Almost looks like a saltwater tank!

Updated the layout of my tank, took some rocks out and added a piece of driftwood. Comments/suggestions are welcome!

Attachments

• tank003.jpg
    tank003.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 154
  • tank008.jpg
    tank008.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 162
There are 30 cichlid's in this tank at the moment and I know I will end up removing some rejected fish but my question is how many fish is just too much? I have a large canister filter on the way and I plan on running that (labled 500gph actual is about 300gph) and a smaller penguin biowheel 150. I was initially thinking of having 15-20 in the end but if, say, 25 of them all got along would that be way too many?

I'm not looking forward to that, I'm not very confident ill be able to sex them

Where do ya get rocks like that? Live in a dead zone for fish stores lol even when I get too one can't buy anything other then small retarded ones, been thinkin bout hittin a quarry up

I actually got them from a family in Wisconsin, they had blasted through a bunch of limestone to make their driveway. I've been thinking of making a DIY 3D background but I really like the limestone, I'm really torn!

dollabill you can just go to a lake or river and get some rocks, round river rocks look awesome in cichlid tanks. Just make sure to boil them or clean them with a bleach/water solution to get the bad stuff off them.

treym563 said:
dollabill you can just go to a lake or river and get some rocks, round river rocks look awesome in cichlid tanks. Just make sure to boil them or clean them with a bleach/water solution to get the bad stuff off them.

I see thanks, been gettin some wood outta lakes havin trouble finding rocks like limestone mite not be too much around southshore nova scotia

Back
Top Bottom