My new oscars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bl80

Aquarium Advice FINatic
After reading how awesome oscars are, I decided to step into the water dog world ? I combined my juvie mbunas into the 140 and now have 2 really little oscars in my 90 g tank. An albino and a tiger. There are also some juvie bristlenose in there. I fig if they get too big for the 90 I can always swap them out into the 140. Some bad pix but they are actively exploring their new empire. I was glad they didn't mope. Even ate ( NLS Thera a) now to name them!

Attachments

• image-1819182250.jpg
    image-1819182250.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 95
  • image-2095684463.jpg
    image-2095684463.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 90
  • image-2904058004.jpg
    image-2904058004.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 83
Beautiful oscars. I'm hoping to move mine to a new tank soon, and get him a pleco friend. Bn of course.

I can't view my own posts on the app.... That stinks. I put my little clown loa he's in there. But they are at least eating :)

Thx..... I wanted both tigers but this is a contrast.... The more I see them I think I like the albino :) I could have gotten a red but they look alot more washed out full grown.
It is indeed a contrast. Personally, I like the tigers better once they get bigger. The colors contrast so beautifully. But, having both varieties should be an awesome color combo.

My 2 new adventures... A planted shrimp tank and oscars.... Talk about 2 extremes, lol. Thx for the compliments ��

i have a red and a tiger so im not going to favour :)
u have some adorable oscars there and they look healthy! i hope in time they pair up for you and dont go bad haha xx

i have a red and a tiger so im not going to favour :)
u have some adorable oscars there and they look healthy! i hope in time they pair up for you and dont go bad haha xx

I know n tIme they may want to kill one another. If it comes to that I'll have to seperate them in my 6 foot tank with egg crate. I knew going into this it was a challlange, but at least think I'm partially prepared... Compared to alot... At least they went right into a 90 to grow, lol.... The tiger comes to my finger most times already.... I can only get face shots now :)

sorry how do u separate a tank? wouldnt they be able to move an egg crate? x

I never had to before.... I was just going to silicone in some slats to make double gates so to speak...2 sets of pull out plastic egg crate material.... Using plastic u channel, deepest I can get.

Im in felony like 15 how about yourself yes they look great together those red albinos are beautiful! When they get big their colors seem to stay a little better

Thx... They have already grown!! Good water and good food ( NLS Thera a) has done wonders.... They see my fingers and wait for the drop lol.... The tiger ( Ziggy) comes to see me when I look in the tank. I'm enjoying them.

Back
Top Bottom