my new project........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

k.mascher86

Aquarium Advice Freak
Picked this up from a friend today........

ForumRunner_20120707_214759.jpg

Debating on getting new fish, or re homing my 3 African to it. My wife also has 3 green tiger barbs, can they go with the Africans? any suggestions as to tank mates?

If it were me id move them to the 55 and you could add more. As for the barbs with africans the barbs would become lunch at some point.

What are the Africans you currently have? +1 on moving them to the 55 though as this is typically the smallest tank size recommended for most African cichlids. Once we know what kinds you have we can discuss tankmates and #s

You could do with some more cover in there if your thinking about getting more Africans.
Something to break up the line of sight so your fish will have their own territories.

Not quite sure on background yet. Any suggestions? this is what it looks like as of now

ForumRunner_20120708_142239.jpg

k.mascher86 said:
Any suggestions as to backgrounds?

I'm personally a fan of painted black. Adds a lot of depth to the tank and helps hide most cord/filter components (except for a certain company that uses green power heads). It is fairly easy to remove the paint if you ever decide you don't want it.

Some paint the background Black or Blue. My 55 gal was originally blue but repainted it black, which makes the colors of my Mbuna stand out more. I would rather have a 3D background though. Check out the DIY area here on AA or Google it. There are some beautiful examples.

Back
Top Bottom