My new uaru!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freakgecko91

Aquarium Advice Addict
Although I posted her in the showcase forum along with my new 75 gallon setup, I figured I'd post it in here too, so I can get some more opinions and attention lol

Tank size: 75 gallon
Filter: fluval 405 and marineland HOT magnum

Plants:
Jungle Val
Red wendetii crypts
Ozelot swords
Dwarf lily pad

Fish (not all are permanent):
13 lemon tetras
6 axelrodi corydora
1 flagtail porthole catfish (gonna add a second)
3 black angel (baby)
1 festivum (baby)
2 gymnogeophagus balzanii (baby)
2 rainbow cichlids (bought from private aquarist, one is mangled but healing)
1 wild caught blue acara female
2 keyhole cichlids (juvenile)
1 three beacon pleco (L091, one of the better looking specimens I've seen)
1 uaru orange variant female

Gonna be adding a second school of dither fish, some more cories as well, and gonna be adding my group of 4 geophagus sp. "rio pindare" youngsters.

Let me know what you all think! Any opinions appreciated!

image-4220919504.jpg

image-291006301.jpg

image-3874972186.jpg

image-2598881019.jpg

image-4282156882.jpg

image-561440711.jpg

I had Uaru once before, they may not have the dazzling colors but they are smart & in their own rights beautiful! Good luck with yours.

I cant seem to find any urarus, they seem to have dropped off the planet.

Nice find and nice tank :)

She was in a show tank at my favorite LFS. We had a cold snap, their heater failed, and her mate unfortunately died, so they decided to sell her. I wish I was able to have gotten the pair, but I love her all the same. Paid $30 and a huge bag full of jungle Val (bought it off a friend for $5, the owner of the LFS really wanted it) for her. She's insanely smart and inquisitive, super curious what m doing when I take pics of her. She has a spot she always sits in and keeps in extremely tidy, picking up and moving any debris that lands in it lol other than her, I haven't seen these ANYWHERE and the orange variant is even more rare

She was in a show tank at my favorite LFS. We had a cold snap, their heater failed, and her mate unfortunately died, so they decided to sell her. I wish I was able to have gotten the pair, but I love her all the same. Paid $30 and a huge bag full of jungle Val (bought it off a friend for $5, the owner of the LFS really wanted it) for her. She's insanely smart and inquisitive, super curious what m doing when I take pics of her. She has a spot she always sits in and keeps in extremely tidy, picking up and moving any debris that lands in it lol other than her, I haven't seen these ANYWHERE and the orange variant is even more rare

Awe she sounds amazing :)

Weird, didn't attach any of my photos :/

Glad everyone likes the tank and her! I still have some tweaking to do, and really wanna add a pair of krobia xinguensis to the tank, and/or a pair of cryptoheros nanoluteus

Was able to track down some krobia xinguensis, so it looks like I'll be adding a group of 6 juvies so a pair can form :) so excited, will have to have them shipped from Indiana, but totally worth it for these

Was able to track down some krobia xinguensis, so it looks like I'll be adding a group of 6 juvies so a pair can form :) so excited, will have to have them shipped from Indiana, but totally worth it for these

I have one. Got it to see what they were like since I've never had them before and I must say that they are super cool. I should've got more when I had the chance.

Attachments

• image-1263205561.jpg
    image-1263205561.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 63
This guy is off of MCA (Michigan cichlid association) and only wants $30 for a group of 6 unsexed juveniles, and $14 to have them shipped to me, so I'm pretty happy, can't really argue with that price for a cichlid that's pretty uncommon if not rare

Back
Top Bottom