My set up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roundtree

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 55 gallon tank. I am using a marineland power filter. I have a bubble line in the opposing side of the filter 5 or 6 big fake plants and 3 large pieces of driftwood. Now to my fish... I will admit I was uneducated on these fish when I purchased them. I have done research now and I want some feed back on what I have. I have one Albino Tiger Oscar, 2 Jack Dempsey, and a Chinese Algae eater. I know, very aggressive choices. Well what do you think?

:welcome: to AA! :)
Roundtree said:
I have a 55 gallon tank. I am using a marineland power filter. I have a bubble line in the opposing side of the filter 5 or 6 big fake plants and 3 large pieces of driftwood. Now to my fish... I will admit I was uneducated on these fish when I purchased them. I have done research now and I want some feed back on what I have. I have one Albino Tiger Oscar, 2 Jack Dempsey, and a Chinese Algae eater. I know, very aggressive choices. Well what do you think?

First things first: did you cycle the tank?

Even if it is cycled I'd be worried. Just to get an idea:
Oscar-great personality-wise but can be aggressive and HIGHLY MESSY. A 55 gallon with proper filtration and optimal water hangs can only house one.
Jack Dempsey- same situation with the oscar. Two need 75 gallons. Both fish get like a foot long!
Chinese Algae Eater-aggressive and could possibly eat your fish. However with those fish I don't think it'll attack them.

I would suggest returning three of the four fish you bought. Good luck! :)

Well I've had them for about four months now. I've been through my ups and down, I have several friends who are experienced and some have offered to take some. Just haven't made the effort but it is just about time, because I am starting to notice the attitudes in all of them! But it sure is fun. Just wanted to see what others say as well. And thanks!!!

Roundtree said:
Well I've had them for about four months now. I've been through my ups and down, I have several friends who are experienced and some have offered to take some. Just haven't made the effort but it is just about time, because I am starting to notice the attitudes in all of them! But it sure is fun. Just wanted to see what others say as well. And thanks!!!

Sounds fine then :)

Back
Top Bottom