Nasty Blue Ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilpi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone had a bad experience with one of these little creatures?
I decided to put a one inch Blue Ram in a tank with 4 adult Bolivian Rams and 2 medium sized Angels, what a mistake! This little Ram terrorized the Bolivians twice it's size and somehow I saw both my Angels fighting where they never did before, a battle zone! Two days later all the fish are hiding, the Blue Ram is guarding the front of the tank!
It was funny but I it had to go, now peace is back in the tank as before

They can be feisty Lil monsters yes, was it a German blue or wild caught blue? My wc male is a little psycho haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They can be feisty Lil monsters yes, was it a German blue or wild caught blue? My wc male is a little psycho haha Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't know, it wasn't a German blue, it was sold as a "blue" real pretty, nice fins always spread out showing his colors, the funniest fish I've ever owned and I've been keeping fish some 30 plus years but it was wrecking my tank and I thought he would be the one in trouble since it was so small.

Was it an electric blue? Or look like this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1409244805535.jpg
    1409244805535.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 71
I have seasoned Bolivian Rams and I thought their behavior would be the same.
Can those be kept in a big group say 8-10 in a 40-55 gallon?

I have seasoned Bolivian Rams and I thought their behavior would be the same.
Can those be kept in a big group say 8-10 in a 40-55 gallon?
Bolivian Rams, yes. Blue rams, not so much.

The Blue/GBR/Gold/EBR Rams can be aggressive once they pair up. I would do no more than two pairs in a 4ft tank.

Back
Top Bottom