Need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msumpter87

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have been keeping mbuna cichlids for about a year now, but I'm going to change to less aggressive peacocks and haps. I have a 75 gallon tank with lots of rocks and caves on the bottom and I am wanting advice from people who have more experience than me. I have done a lot of research and I'm going with all males . So far I have 1 ob peacock, 1 rubin red, 1 yellow tail acei, and tommorow I am getting a venustas, a sunburst peacock, and a blue moori. What else would be good and are there any potential problems with my current stock. Thanks!

msumpter87 said:
Yes I do know that, but they are on the less aggressive end as mbunas go

I was just checking :) they should be fine in there with them. You'll need to keep an eye on it to make sure. The only thing I can see wrong with your stock or what your planning on getting. Would be some of those fish get REALLY big and the others are a pretty nice size too. Personally I don't think its going to work out in a 75, maybe a 125 gallon thats a 6 foot tank. I would recommend getting down to fish that are 6 inches or so.

Last edited:
I am a little concerned with that to. Especially the venustas. But I know somebody that breeds them so he has a place to go when he gets big. Thank you for the advice!

msumpter87 said:
I am a little concerned with that to. Especially the venustas. But I know somebody that breeds them so he has a place to go when he gets big. Thank you for the advice!

No problem and good luck
I wouldnt mind seeing some pics when your all done. Haps and peacocks are some stunning fish, I wish I would have went that route.

My new editions!

Attachments

• image-1148881532.jpg
    image-1148881532.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 80
  • image-564603410.jpg
    image-564603410.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 72
  • image-3833729409.jpg
    image-3833729409.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 74
  • image-1591499001.jpg
    image-1591499001.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 81
Thanx! I still have store credit for 2 more fish but don't know what I want. Any suggestions are welcome.

msumpter87 said:
Thanx! I still have store credit for 2 more fish but don't know what I want. Any suggestions are welcome.

Lfs around me don't carry and/or can't get a whole lot. Have you asked them for a list of what's available? So you can go off of that might make it a weee bit easyer

Back
Top Bottom