Need advice/help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Italy592

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 75 gallon fish tank as most of you know by now thro other threads. I have a big question to ask and I would like your opinion on it. I have currently two female cichlids pregnant in my tank one is it's second time holding and the other it's first. I'm not new to breeding i have successfully had two batches of fry already.

My question is that I have too go away on the 27th of December till january 5th on a vacation. So is it ok to buy another breeders cage that hooks in the big tank and put one female in one and the other in the one I already have??? Because I have calculated they will be spitting out by around the time I get home from my vacation. I let the yellow lab spit hers out the el natural way ha and wanted to do that again with both females. But do you guys think they'll be ok in a breeders cage from the 27-5 ??? Or should I just keep them in separate mesh nets ?? Please help I need opinions !!! Thanks so much!!

Here's a few pics the first two are of my yellow lab. WHat trooper a second batch in 2 months ha. The second two are pictures of my female red empress that mated with my yellow male lab as well !!!! Can't wait too see those babies ha !!!!!

I think they'd be just fine with each female in their own breeder box till you got back. The only concerned about is them spitting before you got back and the females eating them.

i agree with Bully.
they would be ok in their own breeder boxes, but the way to deal with an early spit would be to get a couple of boxes with the grating so the fry can swim through and mum cant eat them, or put 3 small fake fern plants so they have somewhere to hide and mum isnt able to manouvre around it well.

pretty lab btw :)

I have those the breeders cages with the v to hold the female n the babies fall down to the bottom !!! I think those will be fine right and thanks for the replies back guys !!! I knew u two would help ha you guys always do !!!

No problem, always happy to help :) I'm jealous of the fry. Although my hands are full with JD wigglers so I couldn't handle anymore anyways. Lol

Yeah man I am excited I can't believe it'll be 3 batches in about a total of 5 months

I must be doing something right hahah n second I can't wait to see the red empress n yellow lab batch ha

Thanks I'll keep you updated yeah I can't wait !!!! I jut sold my 20 yellow lab babies from the previous batch n made like 200 $ !!! N I kept about 4 of them so my females have big batches so I can't wait !!!

Italy592 said:
Thanks I'll keep you updated yeah I can't wait !!!! I jut sold my 20 yellow lab babies from the previous batch n made like 200 $ !!! N I kept about 4 of them so my females have big batches so I can't wait !!!

How'd you sell them for that much?

Well they were a decent size n I have a pet store owner I know like a close family friend n I have them to him so 10 a fish

Well you might actually be in luck... my 150 gallon tank is making me unhappy so I'm seriously considering breaking it down and just going to one 75 gallon planted discus tank. Would you want them?

Yeah I really would !!!!!!! Absolutly !!!! I would take care of them !!!!!!

Its so deep its hard to get water moving, I can't even reach the bottom of it. And the only light I have it a 4x54watt t5ho and it grows algae like a mofo.

I know you'd take care of them, I wouldn't offer if I thought you wouldn't. I have the one blue male and 3 females. Is $50 a fair price for them all? They are all between 3 and 5"

Back
Top Bottom