Need help with jack dempeys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wayne10100

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392537994.417961.jpg so I'm not sure if this is ick or parasites 50 percent water change monthly ph 8.2 and nitrate 20 ppm.i bought two jack dempeys from pet land and they looked fine have had them for a year.they have almost like ick on them but just on the fins only not on the body .i have a red devil and shows nothing on body or fins.i think it might be internal parasites.fins are beat up.and got the red devil from pet smart.

What's your tank size exactly? And what's your stock? The fish could be under stress. What I always did to treat ick was make the water Warmer, it always worked.

60 gallon at 77 temp .4 fish in the tank . 2 jack dempseys showing weird signs .and a red devil with a agley eater . Red devil is dominator .i cranked the heat to 85 with salt to treat for a week .see if it works .the fish grows to 12 inches I'm not over stocked .got a fugal 406

It could be marks from a red devil attack in a 60 gallon I highly recommend getting rid of the red devil or everything else and keep the devil in there alone.

Back
Top Bottom