need help with my hardscaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dj suspence

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi there, im new to this forum and this is actually my first post. i was just looking to get some more insight and help on how to rearrange my lake malawi hardscape. any suggestions are welcome. the tank i have now is currently a 125 gallon with rocks and sand. im going for a dynamic look and currently waiting for my new lights to come in. any help is appreciated

Attachments

• 20131014_125231.jpg
    20131014_125231.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Looks nice, I would of gone with holy rock instead of those big boulder type rocks, you see with holy rock there are holes in the rocks for the cichlids to hide in but it does look like there are some hiding spaces in those rocks. Substrate looks really good for cichlids. Those plants really give the tank a little greenery.

thanks!! i did my best to replicate the natural lake malawi rocks. The fish store i frequently go to wasn't really much help with the rocks either, but helped narrow down the choice of substrate i used. i know it fits the cichlid housing but I'm also looking to ascetically please my designs without sacrificing there comfort

right now im using some petco OTB filters while im building my sump. than i can work on the canopy that will match the stand thats hand built

lake malawi hardscape update

I recently posted my 125 mixed cichlid hardscape and since than I have replaced the mismatched rocks with racks of the same color and also created 2 focal points instead of just the large mass. Let me know what you guys and gals think and how I can improve it!!

Attachments

• 20131019_213112_HDR.jpg
    20131019_213112_HDR.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 324
Your getting a better idea in your second setup. The more hiding places the happier your chiclids will be. Leaning rocks against the glass will creat caves and allow you to see them.

Back
Top Bottom