Neolamprologus Brevis pair in a fluval chi?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adamtron2000

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have this leftover fluval chi aquarium and from what I know, Brevis keep a very small territory. That being said, I would like the input of the community. The dimensions of a fluval chi 5 gal. Are 12" x 10" x 10"

I beleive they will need at least a 10gal, better in a 15-20L. My Multis are crowdwd in a 10 and I'm planning to move them to a 15 brooder

That could not work. There is simply not enough footprint for the fish to form proper territories. If tank size is an issue, I'd recommend a 10 gallon if possible.

Sent via echolocation

I see no issue in a pair being in that tank. Small Shellies typically claim a territory of 5" diameter around the center of the territory. That should be more than enough space IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That could not work. There is simply not enough footprint for the fish to form proper territories. If tank size is an issue, I'd recommend a 10 gallon if possible.

Sent via echolocation

I beleive they will need at least a 10gal, better in a 15-20L. My Multis are crowdwd in a 10 and I'm planning to move them to a 15 brooder

I see no issue in a pair being in that tank. Small Shellies typically claim a territory of 5" diameter around the center of the territory. That should be more than enough space IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm considering it because I think Brevin take up the smallest territory, too. You guys can double check on that. Also - does anyone know of a good website where I can order a pair?

Back
Top Bottom