Neolamprologus Multifasciatus tank maintaince

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikem691

Aquarium Advice Addict
I would rather do my 75 and my 55 daily than do the 15 with them in it. For one trying to clean the sand when its 8" up the front of the tank and bare glass in other spots and not disturb the shell colony they set up is a pita. And one part of me wants to just level the sand and move the shells in some order and the other part don't want to disturb them...Am I nuts? Well I was wondering what every one else does? leave it as the fish make it or level the sand every so often? Don't get me wrong I love these guys but sometimes ............

LOL, I hear ya! Most of the time I just clean around them. I have snails that do a decent job getting into the nooks and crannies. But when I want to do a deep clean, I really annoy my multies but moving all the shells to one side, cleaning and leveling the sand, then moving the shells back. They go NUTS for the next few days "fixing" my work. But it greatly amuses me to mess with them so I do it. I only do a deep clean like that every couple of weeks.

I demolish my colony's hills all the time, they'll rework it feverishly afterwards. If the colony is new, I'd hold back from doing it, but if they're established, they'll get over it quickly

LOL, I hear ya! Most of the time I just clean around them. I have snails that do a decent job getting into the nooks and crannies. But when I want to do a deep clean, I really annoy my multies but moving all the shells to one side, cleaning and leveling the sand, then moving the shells back. They go NUTS for the next few days "fixing" my work. But it greatly amuses me to mess with them so I do it. I only do a deep clean like that every couple of weeks.

I demolish my colony's hills all the time, they'll rework it feverishly afterwards. If the colony is new, I'd hold back from doing it, but if they're established, they'll get over it quickly

Thanks I think im going to move them to a 20 Long soon I still have 1 fry that is starting to look like a multi instead of a tadpole. I wish i could find a 33 g long breeder for them.

Thanks I think im going to move them to a 20 Long soon I still have 1 fry that is starting to look like a multi instead of a tadpole. I wish i could find a 33 g long breeder for them.

Too bad you sooooo far away. I have 2 20 longs and a 40 long in my back ward right now!

Back
Top Bottom