New 120 gallon need ideas to make it look nice... (picture)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustinCase

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just just started adding some stuff but I know it can be better.. any idea

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1409354360977.jpg
    1409354360977.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 179
My advice is pick one style tank and go with that. I would either go rift lake (you have a bumblebee cichlid in there), Central American semi-aggressive (amatitlania nigrofasciata I see in the corner), or predatory(the gars). I think you'll end up with issues trying to house all of these together

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Pack either one corner or 40% of one side with rock caves. That what I am going to do with my tank. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409519043.785380.jpg
Current tank design

Thanks alot guys... the bumblebee was a temporary... but I decided on a aggressive tank... I have a flowerhorn 4" and a red devil 4"... I dont plan on keeping the con in there very long, maybe a few months.. but do you guys think a flowerhorn and a male red devil will work?

I have never had real plants but I want to add some to make it look more alive.. are easy to care for?

Thanks alot guys... the bumblebee was a temporary... but I decided on a aggressive tank... I have a flowerhorn 4" and a red devil 4"... I dont plan on keeping the con in there very long, maybe a few months.. but do you guys think a flowerhorn and a male red devil will work?

If its a 6 ft tank, it might for a little while... if its only a 4 ft tank, I'd bet on the red devil cleaning house and claiming all 120g to himself. No guarantees either way, aggressive CA cichlids just aren't good community fish.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have never had real plants but I want to add some to make it look more alive.. are easy to care for?

That may not work out either... they may end up tearing them to shreds. You'd be much better off with a hard scape of just rocks/driftwood. Could try adding a couple plants for a few weeks just to see how they react to them

Looking at the 1st picture and the spacing on the emperor 400 filters I would say its the standard 4'x2' 120 I would say pick one of the 2 and make it a wet pet. No tank mates.

Whats the minimum tank size for a red devil? Might have to just get him another tank

I think you could keep one or the other in that size

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think you could keep one or the other in that size

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+1... but I'd say the flowerhorn would be more comfortable in the 75g and a 125g would be more appropriate for a full grown red devil.

Back
Top Bottom