New 180 gallon Mixed African tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostInFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389597590.275689.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389597622.576288.jpghere is a pic of my newest fish added to the mix hap tomato and this is another pic of the whole tank I have several cool fish in here including Congo black calvus,hap flameback,red empress,lemon jake,blue paneque, golden nugget and more

I just went with what fish I liked and went for it. It's been 4 months and they all get along great. Also I keep all my tanks the same water perimeters only difference is the water temps and all my fish look to be doing wonderful.

Yeah me to but I have had nothing but good luck doing this as it's my second tank that I have done this with. Keep in mind I have had large tanks 180 gallon and a 125 gallon.

also mixed Mbunas, peacocks, and haps and no big issues as of now. 90g tank.
one got weak and was beaten. He is in recovery now in a hospital 10g tank.

4 months is not an accurate sample.

Keep us posted on anything that happens I like they are big tanks but let's wait till they all sexually mature and then give them some time it's easy to mix juvis of any species

And for the record I am not against mixing rift lakes or new world and Africans but i would like to know if it ca. Work long term of course the only true long term test is if you can make it work through the lifespan of your fish but making it work for a few years is a start

Added 2 more fish a Hap Flameback and A. hueseri Midnight here in the back left corner is the little FlameBack. I had to rearrange the decore to keep them from fighting. My first attempt to add the resulted in a beat down so I pulled them out and rehomed them for 2 weeks then when they where healed I put them back in arranging decore this time and they all are doing great it's been 2 weeks that they have been in the 180 gallon. At first I didn't like Africans. Now I love them there are so many kinds and colors. It's awesome to watch them grow from babies to adults. Watching there colors appear from nothing is just the coolest thing to watch.

Ive had a mixed tank for two yrs as well. And so far its been great. :)

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oops sorry ment the purple and yellow one :)

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He looks great. I finally found a couple Bi-color 500 males I've been looking for now just looking for the lemon jake a German red and maybe a few more and I will be fully stocked.

Back
Top Bottom