New 75 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freakgecko91

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok guys, I'm about to pick up a new 75 gallon today, but I'm not sure what I wanna do with it. I was thinking about moving my tangs into it, but my girlfriend REALLY wants neons, so I'm thinking a low tech planted might be better. I just need some help thinking up some good stocking ideas.

Before you comment, know that I do not like common. No sevs or Angels (unless leopoldi or altum).

Let's hear it!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hmm lets see. How about a Apistogramma. And a school of some type of tetra. And a couple of Cory cats. And have it nice and planted.

Hmm lets see. How about a Apistogramma. And a school of some type of tetra. And a couple of Cory cats. And have it nice and planted.

It would be a good tank for the barlowi you've been wanting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It would be a good tank for the barlowi you've been wanting.

I wouldn't mind a pair of those, along with my guianacara daycra I'm gonna be picking up soon

Ah she won't mind cardinals. I'm just so excited about the dacrya! Can't wait to get them!

Looks like both tedsfishroom.com and aquaticclarity.com have barlowi in stock and it is the start of shipping season......

I agree on the cardinals over the neon's. If you do go neon's just buy twice as many as you want to keep. I just did 16 and am holding at 10 in my planted 20.

Heyyy... green neons!!! Whole bunch..they're on sale on wet spot I believe. way better looking than cardinals and neons..I'll try and get a side by side in the morning.. centerpiece??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I know about greens, but she's pretty set on the cardinal/neon look

Thinking about a pair of aequidens as a centerpiece, maybe metae

Just pulled some driftwood out of Rock Creek (runs through MD and DC)...boring night at work so I made a quick stop.

How do I tell if it's hardwood or softwood? I normally don't collect from outside

Thinking about a pair of aequidens as a centerpiece, maybe metae

Pretty cool fish right there! Wouldn't they snack on a smaller tetras though?

Pretty cool fish right there! Wouldn't they snack on a smaller tetras though?

I had one in my old 75 and didn't have any issues, mine always seemed pretty chill

Back
Top Bottom