New addition!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a shell dweller from lake tanganyika.. They are about an in long now and are very shy.. Still getting used to the tank I suppose. I had them shipped overnight and they arrived this morning! So far they are hiding in shells or behind the filter..

I think the common name is gold head... But if you google neolamprologus brevis "katabe" that's what that little guy is!

It's actually the pet smart aragonite oolite marine sand... It is extremely fine in texture, which seems to work well for shelldwellers! It was very reasonably priced at 20 bucks for 30 lbs... I hear a lot of people using play sand for their tanks but the marine sand has natural buffer capacity so it was a Win win for me.

It's actually the pet smart aragonite oolite marine sand... It is extremely fine in texture, which seems to work well for shelldwellers! It was very reasonably priced at 20 bucks for 30 lbs... I hear a lot of people using play sand for their tanks but the marine sand has natural buffer capacity so it was a Win win for me.

I got that oolite aragonite for my African cichlid tank big misrake so I mixed it with coarse black sand if you had diggers like I do it makes a hella mess and clogs the filter floss quick. But it does look awesome. (y) nice tank btw

These Shellie's are no mbuna.. You are absolutely right though.. It took a week to come clear

Because of my diggers mine would just randomly get cloudy for the first 6 months first time I thought it was a bacterial bloom bit paramaters were good theen seen the johanni goin to town flappin his tail fin and usin his mouth as a back hoe. But now my waters crystal even with the diggers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom