New additions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice. A LFS in my area had a pair that looked similar. They weren't as hefty, and they had slightly lighter coloration. My next addition is either a keyhole or rainbow cichlid.

Very nice. A LFS in my area had a pair that looked similar. They weren't as hefty, and they had slightly lighter coloration. My next addition is either a keyhole or rainbow cichlid.

Thank you, I have been looking for these guys for a while. My lfs would get some from time to time but they were always less than an inch. These guys came from a dealer in Massachusetts.

Don't mean this to be offensive, but they're probably from an overbred bloodline. The lack of the distinct keyhole points to that, a problem often seen in keyholes in the hobby. It may become more prominent once they settle in, but the patterning and colors don't show the stress pattern as seen in the second pic

With that said, I still love them and am so happy to see others enjoying this awesome species as well! Great fish and good choice!

Don't mean this to be offensive, but they're probably from an overbred bloodline. The lack of the distinct keyhole points to that, a problem often seen in keyholes in the hobby. It may become more prominent once they settle in, but the patterning and colors don't show the stress pattern as seen in the second pic

With that said, I still love them and am so happy to see others enjoying this awesome species as well! Great fish and good choice!

Thanks none taken, the pic I took was just 15 minutes after I put them in. Since then the lights are off and hopefully they are settling in their new home. Either way I love these guys. Do u have keyholes?

Thanks for the pics. That picture against the plant is especially nice.

Back
Top Bottom