New African aquascape help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stonefly

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello. I am looking for some cheap ideas for scaping a new tank. I am going to move some mbuna to a new tank and I am tight on cash. I have a few days while I am waiting for a new filter for my existing tank and would like to have the new tank set up and ready to go when I get the filter. Does anyone have any cheap ideas for making a buck of caves and hiding spots for the fish that will not cost a lot of money?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just went out and collected some rocks. Not sure if you have the ability to where your at, but worked out well for me.

Yeah I can do that. Was trying to find something lighter so I can get a bunch of caves

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Slate is light, you might want to check some landscaping places to see if they have some. I have no idea of the cost though. You can also go buy PVC joint pieces at lowes or Home Depot. Very inexpensive

Most landscaping places avg like 20-40 cents a pound around my way anyway .. PVC works good , clay pots aren't that much either

Went to a landscaping place today actually. Paid 2 bucks for about 30 pieces of ocean rock. Looks really good in the aquarium.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not an issue with Africans, but keep in mind that the ocean rock will change the pH of your tank by raising it. When you bring those new fish home, you need to do a proper pH acclimation or you are likely to have issues.

Back
Top Bottom