New African Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jc102

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys,

I went to my local fish store and picked up four juvenile African cichlids. It is the first time that I've visited this store in particular and I was a bit disappointed that the employees were not very familiar with their stock. I was sold these as mixed African cichlids and I was hoping some of you could help me identify what they are in terms of species and gender. I've always kept nano sized fish from south/central America so this is a learning experience for me.

I uploaded a short video with some cheesy music to YouTube. I tried to capture all four of my cichlids:

My aquarium is not 100% complete yet. I had a shipment of rocks get delayed so I just threw in a piece of driftwood temporarily.

Thanks for the help!

No not a Johanni or yellow lab they r kenyi the yellow is male blue is female.

The striped one is Auratus, the yellow one in front is Kenyi. I couldn’t really see the other two but chances are the blue one is either another Kenyi or a cobalt zebra. As far as that white one my best guess is albino red zebra considering they like to carry those in petsmart. I could be wrong though I can’t really see it.

Back
Top Bottom