New Blue Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lower pH would be better, but fluctuating pH is much worse than higher pH would be. I kept them in pH of 7.4 and though they can be short-lived in general, I think they would have had better color and lived longer if the pH was lower. That may or may not have had something to do with their relatively short life.

I want to bring it down to 7.0 constant but never wanted to get onto the ph rollercoaster. I thought about peat I like the look but would hate to get trapped into having to add that all the time. I never tested my kh but have ph neutral and a ph buffer. Does the buffer help lower the ph due to the greater buffering capacity or is only for raising it? I know I could look it up but I enjoy the varied responses posted here from experience.

Richmond is the same as ever, but with new mega malls springing up west of town and on Southside. Not too many good LFS, either, IMO. The best one I have seen here (or just about anywhere else, for that matter) is marine only, but I still love going in there! This town got totally blasted by the hurricane, though, and there are folks who still have power out. Lots of historic homes and ancient trees got damaged, so things look very different around here. Did you go to Nashville to get your big break in music? LOL

Oh my God! Richmond was a wreck! I was visiting my friends down there this past weekend and they just got power back on Saturday... Plus that place is a filthy hole... Jackson Ward baby... ghet... to at least they had power(two sets of friends the guys in the ghet had power)

But yeah blue rams... I didnt see this mentioned. Necessary: VERY GOOD QUALITY WATER!!!! I lost two bunches becaus ethey had been expsposed to the LFS' bad water(They were special order) so finally I told them... "Leave them in the bag, call me as soon as they get there and I will come by on my lunch break." I now have 6 in my 90 planted jungle. 2 golds and 4 blues... all are gorgeous! Love this fish so much

My water is good except ph. 7.2 - 7.4. Its been 3 days and they are acting fine.
Eating great no conflicts over territory The found an area they like and hang out there alot. No signs of stress great color all fins open and love to gome to the front glass when i'm looking in.
I used to hang around the fan some.
I really miss the EastCoast.

The Fan got kinda wrecked, lots of old, old trees took out the lovely slate roof homes willy nilly. My grandmother was born in The Fan in 1900, and that house got a tree through it. :(

Thats horrible. My mother just got power back sunday. She is in tidewater area. On the water!

Back
Top Bottom