New Bolivian Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laser

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm guessing that they need more time to get used to the new tank. There's 4 of them. They occasionally nip at each other but stay huddled together. They have no interest in the caves yet. They have been eating sinking omega one pellets as long as I can manage to drop them right by them. What else should I try to feed them? Anything else I should do? They do seem to have more color then they did yesterday when I brought them home.

Attachments

• DSCI0098.jpg
    DSCI0098.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 121
Thanks, it's a 37 gallon. I'm going to eventually add some harlequins for the top. I was thinking about some silver hatchets but there is just enough room for them to jump out by where the hob filter is.

If you're looking for a non-jumping top dweller, try black neons, they school well, look great, and stop almost exclusively at the top 1/8 of the tank! Awesome little fish for dwarf cichlid tanks! I have a new pair of Bolivians in my tank and they never go near them

I'm guessing that they need more time to get used to the new tank. There's 4 of them. They occasionally nip at each other but stay huddled together. They have no interest in the caves yet. They have been eating sinking omega one pellets as long as I can manage to drop them right by them. What else should I try to feed them? Anything else I should do? They do seem to have more color then they did yesterday when I brought them home.

Give them a Couple days....Also Try to keep the caves closer together, I have had mine for a month and they all still pretty much stay together. But they started going in the rock caves after a week. Now they are all over the tanks. Try looking at Bloodfin Tetras like 5 or 6 to school.

I use the omega one sinking cichlid pellets don't worry if they miss they will pick it up just don't dump a bunch in....stagger it over a couple of min.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure if I want to stack them but I'll definitely move them closer together.

Back
Top Bottom