new but dusty 100 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heathers_hounds

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm about to set up my 100 gal for cichlids, have had it since 2008 and just now setting it up. It is dusty inside, will just wiping it good work or should I fill with water and syphon to clean first?
thanks
I am sure I will be back with questions, as this is first CICHLID tank. I will be using 100 lbs black tahitian moon sand, that I just got. About to dive into the equipment and see how to set that up

I would probaly put some water in it and wipe it down, i might even go as far and using vinegar and water soultion as it has been sitting for quite some time. Good luck with the cichlids i love mine couldnt ever see having a tank setup without them.

thanks for the reply, I have always filled all my other tanks up completely when first cleaning, but with 100 gal. I sure hate to waste that much water.. so I guess I will just put a little in and try to clean that way. I am so very excited about having this bigger tank and having cichlids! I have researched alot but still do not know what I will stock with or really even my deco other than the sand so far. I will clean it, fill it and let the cycling begin and think and research and start to ask questions here on it:)

The fish you do get will have a affect on what decorations you can and can't get

Back
Top Bottom