new convicts and some ??s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blue_neon

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok so on saturday i bought 4 convicts.. 2 pink and 2 regular... and i have a few ??s about them....so first i know one on the normal ones is a female and the other looks like a male but hes smaller(but they are just babies bout an inch) but ok to a ?.. how do u know when they pair off??... my one female chases everyone and my ?male? and one of the pink ones keep flaring and bumping each other are they pairing off or fighting?
And my female doesnt have a tail fin but she is bigger then everyone and seems healthy will she be ok?

tail fin, for propulsion? can she still make it to the surface to eat, and defend herself? when they pair off they will find a home and start excavating, the male usually does the main excavation and the female defends. females are generally smaller and get an orange "glow' on their belly. they also may get a pretty blue and yellow colors on their fins. they are probably fighting if they flare and squabble. my pair of cons were as friendly as can be and my male never fought with any females, he's a gentleman i guess. i see my females fight once in awhile though.

yeah shes quite the bully she goes every where in the tank.... and the two that are "fighting" are moving the gravel and seem to be digging a small pit and have a bit of a hard time doing it because the gravel is kinda big compared to them right now... but its so fun to watch*cute* :)

Back
Top Bottom