New dwarf cichild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sabrinarichard

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi!
I'm starting a new 55g tank and possibly looking at adding a dwarf cichlid as a "center piece" but I still have a few questions...

Are there many types ? What would be the most colorful ?
Are some more aggressive then others?

I'm also looking at having rope fish for sure, and either 5 banded/black ruby/Odessa barbs (not sure which one yet)

I'm planning on fully planting with a few caves..
Thanks!

Or maybe even a regular one/more than one ? I don't know much about them and internet isn't helping me much...

You could do a couple pairs in that tank. Like a pair of either German blue rams (fragile fish) or Bolivian rams ( way more hardy fish) and also a pair of apistogramma species like agassizii or cacutoides. All are awesome and readily available. At least here. Or you could try a single pair or a bit larger like firemouths or blue acara or keyholes or rainbow cichlids.

Thanks!
Are they harder to find.?. I think a pair would be awesome! But I have only seen all blue rams at my lfs,.

Blue rams and Bolivian rams are easy to get. Petco and petsmart have them usually. The blue rams are much more sensitive to water conditions but prettier. If it were me I'd do a pair of Bolivian rams and a pair of the apistogramma types. My store gets those too but most may not. May have to special order or order online.

Back
Top Bottom