New festae!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscar98

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im not sure if it is even a true red terror. But it was only $10 and 5". Dont know if female or male either lol. Will get some better pics when it is in the tank.

Attachments

• image-2862485083.jpg
    image-2862485083.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 98
Think they may have got you, looks to be a false red terror or a uropthalamus cichlid (mayan cichlid)

This is my female festae at about 4-5" , barred up and not.

45469-albums2911-picture49581.jpg

45469-albums2911-picture57936.jpg

When I came back into the hobby a couple years back. I acquired a few flowerhorn that looked like yours. Looks like a mix (hybrid). Hopefully we are wrong. Good luck. Enjoy what ever it is.

When I came back into the hobby a couple years back. I acquired a few flowerhorn that looked like yours. Looks like a mix (hybrid). Hopefully we are wrong. Good luck. Enjoy what ever it is.

I agree no question it's a hybrid from those pictures, certainly not festae or urophthalmus.

Last edited:
I know its hard to resist buying more fish and putting them in with fish you didn't really plan to but you need to think about the consequences involved.Your heading for fish destruction and I for one don't want to see that buddy

Back
Top Bottom