New Fish Added to tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Last week I went to the lfs and found a beautiful African Cichlid. It was in a tank that said "All Cichlids $12.99". The guy that sold it to me said that it COULD be a Johanni. I went back a couple days later and my sister in law bought the same specie of fish and that sales guy said that it wasn't a Johanni. What do you guys think? I know, I have asked people before to try and decide if my Johanni's are really Johanni's. BUT, this is a different one. The other two were wiped out during the Hexamitosis outbreak. I think that it is one, but then again, I could be biased. I have my mind set that it is a Johanni until someone more experienced can tell me that it's not. Please, help ease my mind on this. The pic was taken with a flash so the colors are dulled quite a bit.

Also, I added another pic. The other big guy was bought from the same store. He was also in the tank marked "All Cichlids $12.99". Noone could tell what he was. I have been trying to figure out what he is, but haven't been successful. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

That's exactly what I thought Chillin. I haven't ever seen that profile before. If I had, I would have definately known it was a Johanni for sure. The other one has my mind boggled.

Kudo's to you for being on the ball tonight! :D

Well, I don't know anything about Africans so I'm no help here, but just wanted to tell ya congrats on the beautiful new fish! :mrgreen:

Nope, not a yellow lab. She's not completly yellow. Mainly white with a hint of yellow.

Back
Top Bottom