new fish for 20g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscarchic11

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am soon moving my baby Oscar to a much larger tank, and since I'm living with my godmom I figured I would buy her some cichlids to put in the 20 after the swap. Any suggestions?

Rams are pretty hard to care for, just a caution. I lost some for no apparent reason, and that seems to be a fairly common occurrence.

I love my Bolivian rams. Awesome fish with great personality

I've been thinking about just a couple bigger ones like a couple labs or something.

Would there be room for rams 2? They are pretty fish, but where I just moved there is an awesome lfs near me now, with some beautiful baby labs. I don't think they have rams tho and I wouldn't want to ship them cause its November and I live in Maine so day temp is around 40.

oscarchic11 said:
Would there be room for rams 2? They are pretty fish, but where I just moved there is an awesome lfs near me now, with some beautiful baby labs. I don't think they have rams tho and I wouldn't want to ship them cause its November and I live in Maine so day temp is around 40.

Unfortunately in a 20 your really limited. Labs are best suited for a min of 55 gal, as are most. In a 20 rams, Shellie's and I think kribs would be good ( not all together) but some ideas.

Well its gonna be like a therapy tank, so I was thinking either bold solid colored with a few fish, or a bunch of smaller schooling fish.

Back
Top Bottom