New German Blue rams question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brothergc

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,
I ordered 3 GBR from Live aquaria , a on line fish store . My 1st time buying fish on line . Pertty cool because in 24 hrs I had my order ! They came packed in a box , inside the box was a styrofoam box . Then that was filled with styrofoam peanuts , and finally a bag of stuff that was warm to the touch . That must have been how they heated the box .
Anyway my 3 GBR rams seem heathy , they are eating well . When I first fed them I gave them some frozen brine shrimp , they tore it up ! LOL
My question is this , looking at picks online of these rams and looking at mine is night and day difference . No color :( In fact drab with mabe the faintest hint of blue IF you look hard enough . They have all the black bands of the typical GBR and the classic red eyes , just no color .
My question is simple will they color up or did I get bad stock ?
I thought at 1st it was just the stress of transport but the cardinal tetras when I unpacked them were as white as sheets are now normal . That was a shocker seeing pale tetras . So what say you GBR owners ? :)

How long have you had them? What size tank and what temp?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How long have you had them? What size tank and what temp?

I have had them little over 24 Hrs , arrived yesterday at 10am . tank is a 29G , and temp is 78Deg . ph is 7.7 started filtering with pete moss
Tankmates are cardnial tetras and 3 ottos

IMO it is just the stress of shipping. They'll color up soon if everything else is in check. What do your trites/trates/ammo measure?

Oh yeah... Shipping stress is my guess as well. Assuming your tank is happy n healthy and 82f theyre fine. Check back in 7 days and ill bet its a world of difference.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh yeah... Shipping stress is my guess as well. Assuming your tank is happy n healthy and 82f theyre fine. Check back in 7 days and ill bet its a world of difference.

Yes your probaly right seeing that the cardnials are doing fine and frisky . I will bump up the temp if you think that would help but how do ottos do at 82 deg F , little warm for them yes ? :)
curenty at 78 Deg F

Gotta research fish before purchase. Gbr need 80+f. My otos do fine with my discus at 85f.

Gotta research fish before purchase. Gbr need 80+f. My otos do fine with my discus at 85f.

yes already did but gbr do not have to be at 85f
Quote:
the German blue ram is used to a water temperature of 25.5-29.5 ºC (78-85 ºF). Aquarium kept specimens will normally do fine up to 80 °F (27 °C)
Unquote German Blue Ram

I meant if the otos do fine in my tank at 85, then they will do fine with your GBR temp. I know that stuff. Dont need a fact check... I breed them, Thanks.

I think we can all agree that 81-82 will be good for all parties involved;)

Back
Top Bottom