New guy on the block.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
As many of you probably remember I lost one of these about a month ago. The place I deal with wasn't getting anymore due to the guy who breeds them well... Stopped breeding them. Well I'm in the store and the guy I deal with walks me over to there Cichlid display tank and says "see anything cool in there?" I was like "is that what I think it is?!" he said "yes" and I got him!!

I took his advice an introduced him with lights off and I even covered the tank with blankets for 24hrs and after that I only turned the blue and purples on for 2 days. After that I went to my normal lighting schedule. So here he is!!! :)

image-451395260.jpg

image-997075253.jpg

What I don't get and please don't take this the wrong way is that you posted very recently that anything you add is as good as dead.You were quite forceful when you stated this.And here you are adding more fish.So I kinda wonder what has changed your mind and made you add more fish.
Don't get me wrong I wish you all the best with your current and any future fish you may have.
Just struck me as odd you adding more fish now.

great looking fish. you should take some more pics of him when you get a chance. :)

garfy said:
What I don't get and please don't take this the wrong way is that you posted very recently that anything you add is as good as dead.You were quite forceful when you stated this.And here you are adding more fish.So I kinda wonder what has changed your mind and made you add more fish.
Don't get me wrong I wish you all the best with your current and any future fish you may have.
Just struck me as odd you adding more fish now.

Your correct. I guess I could have been more specific i.e. anything smaller then whats in the tank now, different types of fish, plecos, loaches or eels etc etc... What I have in the tank has been in the tank pretty much since the beginning, I figured he's big,there was one in the tank before, and going the advice of my friend who runs the not so LFS I added him in in the dark and covered the tank with towels for 24 hrs then just turned on other lights other then the daylights, anyway there was one already in the tank in tank and I asked my friend and he said give it a try. And yes it's true if I do add something it is as good as dead and many here know that to be true. Thats the main reason I don't add anything and my friend won't sell me anything that catches my eye telling me my tank is just too unpredictable.

I don't take anything you say the wrong way. I said it and yes very forceful because it's true. I'm hoping since this fish is big and I took my friends advice and did the whole dark and towel thing that it gives him a better chance.

Back
Top Bottom