New Jack Dempseys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gheitman

Aquarium Advice Addict
My LFS just got in recently one of the most unusual color variations of a fish that I have ever seen. It is an electric blue Jack Dempsey. They are selling them for about $60 each. I don't have any interest in them personally but I wondered if anyone else had seen them.

I have heard of them and seen pictures.. They are a natural color as well.. I would consider keeping them if I was intrested in a SA setup!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It may not be cool, but this is the second batch they got in. The first batch was bought by one customer the day they came in.

I've seem them at my LFS. Not very often. Very pretty fish though. Not for my tank unfortunately.

I've seen them before, too. And, as far as I've seen, they're always pretty expensive. I remember reading somewhere that they're a genetic mutation that people have, due to their appearance, bred-out. I think they're very attractive fish :)

I don't think that there is any question that these are beautiful fish. I would like to see some full size ones in person though. The juveniles are striking enough.

Back
Top Bottom