New malawi tank 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T-man02

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I have had a 29 gallon for a week or 2 (with african cichlids) and I love the fish but I was wondering if there is any top swimming level fish that would mix well ps I am planning on upgrading the tank when the time comes

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

There are tons of African cichlids. So it really depends on which ones u have and most likely you're going to be very limited on what else u can put in that tank due to aggression and the size of the tank.

Welcome to AA :)

Really, a 29g isn't an appropriate tank for any malawi cichlids. There are some tanganyican cichlids that would be much better suited. That said, none of them will co-exist with any fish that would be considered top dwelling fish.

I have a zebra lab acie one of each I'm not planning on keeping them in that tank for long but a tank size suggestion wud be helpful

At minimum, a 4' long tank... so basically a 55g or bigger. But, acei really do better in longer tanks, so a 5' or 6' tank (120 or 125+) would be best.

Back
Top Bottom