New owner of a huge cichlid. Need help with aquarium set-up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found this on a Midas Cichlid care page:

How does one create a hiding place for a 9 - 10" fish in a 72 gallon tank while also keeping enough swimming room?

Your best bet is to keep it simple. Even the 2 fake stumps get moved by my hybrid. I gave up even on fake plants.
img_3218818_0_8a24d3aad31e79f0eedf6c540562d959.jpg

Sounds like you have your hands full. Now I want a large very aggressive fish........ maybe someday when I am older and have a job.

Now I want a large very aggressive fish.

[Moderator Edit] The beauty in a pet, wet or dry, is their appearance and personality, not their ability to break things or hurt others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike said less is definitely more. They are quite intelligent, so little things that they can "play" with is really all they need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Also spyguy you can get the large plastic tree root at petsmart. when its on sale its under $30. There is enough room under it for your midevil to fit. My hybrid dug a pit and sleeps under it.

Is it off topic for me to say that the story of Gulp has made me smile for days now?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hello spyguy
Under gravel filter and power heads is a proven method for these tank busters.I know the science doesn't add up but the plastic filter plates protect the bottom from falling rocks and the fact the substrate is uneven so what,you have water movement .
You can get old tank syndrome from this,since it sounds like your concerned about maintenance that should not be issue .
So sorry forgot chomp might not tolerate lift tube and power heads,maybe put the plates in anyway to protect the bottom

Back
Top Bottom